GOAir.com UX/UI Bootcamp
The outline for my final project was to take take the data gathered from each step of the user design (UX) process:
1. Learn (User Research & Requirements Gathering)
2. Design (Wire Framing & Prototyping)
3. Testing (Usage Testing of Prototype)
By implementing best-known practices during each step, I subsequently design a better travel site for my target user base.
Go Air, is a travel website for the elderly and first-time travelers who need to purchase a ticket to see a family member. The result below was the final design from user testing of my prototype website.
UX/UI Design (Requirements Gathering, User Research, Wireframing, Prototyping) Balsamiq, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
Prototype Test Results
- All 3 users were now able to quickly purchase tickets online.
- 2 out of 3 users spent an average of $150.00-$200.00 MORE per flight.
- 2 out of 3 users acknowledged the “save this trip feature” no one needed to use it.
- 2 out of 3 users acknowledged the status bar and numeric steps aiding them in knowing where they were in the purchase process.No one felt they needed to call the airline.
I received a mixed response regarding social media. Only 2 out of 3 would “might” post content to the companies social media site but would want some reward. 1 out of 3 “probably wouldn’t” post content to the companies social media site or respond to the survey.